What To Wear: Expo Edition
Fourteen great looks straight from apparel booths at this year’s PPAI Expo
Wandering through the apparel supplier booths at The PPAI Expo is like walking the aisles of a candy store—the creative displays of bright colors, bold patterns and new retail-inspired style offerings entice even the most discriminating distributors gathering apparel ideas for their clients. With so many wearable options on the show floor, choosing just a few to highlight was a challenge. But here are the apparel items we couldn’t resist sharing.
1. Up against the Elite Fleece Lined Jacket, the chill doesn’t stand a chance. This jacket provides superior warmth and comfort, with a soft charcoal color fleece lining and a waterproof and breathable membrane that keeps wearers dry all day long. Sophisticated herringbone fabric has Storm X technology to protect from the elements, and insulated poly-lined sleeves make this a perfect piece for layering, and comfortable enough for everyday wear. Zippered handwarmer pockets keep keys and other items safe, and other features include a hidden embroidery pocket, adjustable cuffs, chin guard and drawcord hem.
Storm Creek / PPAI 438091 / www.stormcreek.com
2. The seamless design of the Champion Absolute Sports Bra is perfect for sublimation printing. Plus, the SmoothTec™ band prevents irritation and chafing, and Double Dry™ technology wicks away moisture to keep wearers cool and dry. While fewer seams minimize irritation for distraction-free comfort, the racerback silhouette ensures a free range of motion. This sleek poly/Spandex sports bra comes in black and white and is available in XS – XL. It is ideal for yoga and fitness industries, teams, sports clubs and sororities.
Hanes/Champion / PPAI 191138 / www.hanesbullseye.com
3. Anywhere that you need to take off your shoes is a good place to wear this colorful Athleisure Soft Shoe. Made from 95-percent polyester and five-percent Spandex, it has a thermoplastic rubber sole and comes with a removable sole insert. It’s great for travel and hospitality, spas, schools, water activities, yoga, assisted living and health care, resorts, boating and product launches.
Suntex Industries PPAI / 662229 / www.mainstsun.com
4. Lightweight and comfortable, these sublimated polyester/bamboo performance socks naturally wick moisture away so your feet stay cool and dry.
The Spirit Sleeve / PPAI 589348 / www.spiritsleeve.com
5. This new line of cooling towels has the same great customization options that already come with a cooling neck wrap. Cooling towels are easy to use: just wet, snap and wear for instant cooling. These towels provide 396 square inches of branding space. Add logos, photographs, images, QR codes, phone numbers—just about anything. Cooling towels can be used anywhere it’s hot, and they are an ideal promotional product for any industry or outdoor event.
Koolgator, LLC / PPAI 387542 / www.koolgator.com
6. Wearers light up the night and attract attention in the GLOW Full-Zip Hood. Constructed of black 100-percent polyester fleece fabric, the hoodie is available in neon green, electric blue, electric red and ice blue, with EL (electroluminescent) piping on the zipper placket and hood with light-up settings. It’s perfect for corporate events, safety, sporting events, concerts, parties, night clubs, night runs or biking events, spirit wear, dance, camping and more. Choose from sizes XS – 3XL.
J.America (Wholesale Blanks Division) / PPAI 351699 / www.jamericablanks.com
7. Better than an umbrella, the ultra-lightweight fashionable Cloud Jacket will keep you outside and moving along, even during periods of rain and wind. It has a smooth-as-skin feel, an airy print pattern and reflective details for a fashion edge that adds high visibility functionality. For on-the-go convenience, the jacket packs into its hood pouch. It is made of 100-percent polyester with a water-repellent finish, stand up hooded collar, zip pockets, back yoke, and tagless label for comfort. The jacket’s color palette is inspired by the elements, including sky, spring (similar to the Pantone color of the year, Greenery), and storm.
Vantage Apparel / PPAI 113235 / www.vantageapparel.com
8. This boar two-tone suede vest is from Scully’s Personal Safety Gear Collection. With a zip-front closure and contrast suede collar, this vest has large interior lined pockets for concealed-carry weapons. It’s available in café brown and sizes S-XXL.
Scully Leather / PPAI 174962 / www.scullycorporate.com
9. New and on trend for 2017, this heathered snapback is a crowd pleaser. It is made from polyester/Spandex and comes in six colors (black, grey, navy, blue, coral and seafoam), with a structured form and a slightly pre-curved visor.
Outdoor Cap / PPAI 213485 / www.outdoorcap.com
10. The sleeveless 50/50 modal/combed cotton, dropped armhole ladies muscle tee adds a twist of the unexpected to gymwear with lattice detail at the underarm. A tear-away label and colors including black, white, olive, berry and bright teal, as well as sizes XS-2XL, make this tee a hit—plus, it’s made in the USA.
Expert Brand / PPAI 267226 / www.expertbrand.com
11. This dry-wicking men’s camouflage polo is made in the U.S. and has a subtle two-dimensional pattern. The pattern is sublimated, so it won’t fade, shrink or wrinkle easily. Choose from grey, blue or military and sizes S-4XL. It’s also available in a men’s tee.
AKWA Apparel / PPAI 205981 / www.akwa.com
12. The Shoreline Half-Zip is built from a 92-percent polyester and eight-percent spandex fabrication to offer a soft, comfortable feel inside and out. The men’s self-fabric mock features a double-welt zipper in a versatile silhouette and the C&B heat transfer at the back collar. Ladies enjoy a unique asymmetrical placket with a shawl collar, cover stitching at the seams, and C&B pennant at the back yoke. Both offer a lush brushed mélange stripe body.
Cutter & Buck / PPAI 196156 / www.cbcorporate.com
13. Show off team spirit at sporting events, trade shows, conventions and more with a full-color, double-sided digital imprint stadium scarf. Measuring 55 inches long by seven inches wide, this scarf features two inches of fringe. Include a different logo on each side at no extra cost. The fringe colors include white, black, red and yellow, allowing it to match a brand's individual style.
Quinn Flags / PPAI 360359 / www.quinnflags.com
14. For a truly unique look for your next polo, choose from any of Eversole’s 100-percent polyester EVR-Dri high-performance fabrics and add custom dye sublimation on the front, back, sleeves and collar. This shirt features a self-fabric collar, three-button placket and open-hem sleeve. It’s available in men’s XS-6XL and ladies XS-6XL.
Eversole Run / PPAI 199242 / www.eversolerun.com
Take The Next Step
Learn more about promotional apparel in a free PPAI webinar.
Apparel Trends and Transcending the Promo Products Market
Speaker: Colleen Hartigan, Consultant
Wednesday, March 1, 2017 (And available afterward on demand)
Webinar Overview: Join Colleen Hartigan as she discusses trends, challenges and opportunities that will define the decorated apparel industry in 2017. Now is the time to get ahead of these trends and prepare for new products that will meet your customers' demands. Many factors influence the styles, colors, fabrics and materials clients will ask for this year. In this webinar listeners will learn about the newest apparel trends, color pallettes and the exciting advancements in apparel technology and can then take advantage of every opportunity. This year promises to be full of opportunities for apparel manufacturers, suppliers and decorators; don't be left out of the loop, get ahead of the trends by learning about them now.
Free to PPAI members, $15 for nonmembers
Register at onlineeducation.ppai.org.
Julie Richie is associate editor for PPB.