Simple Ways To Reach Prospects Who Seem Unreachable
Your prospects are inundated every day with emails, calls, interruptions and urgent requests. With so many demands on their time, it can feel impossible to reach them. You want a chance to talk with them, but these prospects are simply overwhelmed. Your outreach only adds to the noise. So, what can you do? According to content developer Danielle Irigoyen, the first step is knowing how to speak to prospects who don’t yet know they need you.
In this issue of Promotional Consultant Today, we share Irigoyen’s top tips for reaching these seemingly unreachable buyers.
1. Identify your unreachables. Sometimes, your groups of elusive prospects might surprise you. Irigoyen recommends researching and surveying to determine what uninterested or uninformed audiences you should contact. It also helps to consider the demographics your competitors reach to see if there’s a group you may be missing.
2. Create personas. Once you define your unreachable groups, develop personas for each one. Determine their likes and dislikes and where they live and work. The more specific you can get on each group, the better you can tailor your messaging to reach them, says Irigoyen.
3. Differentiate your approach. When you want to branch out into new markets, remember to try new things. Irigoyen points out that the approach that works well with your current audience may not be received as well by another audience.
4. Pack in the value. Irigoyen recommends treating your unreachables as if they are already your most loyal clients. Send them logoed products, samples or free resources like guides or webinars. Doing this will help build trust and credibility, she says.
5. Generate awareness. Your traditionally unreachable buyers may not know whether they need your product or service. And if they decide they need your offering, they might not decide they want to buy from you. That’s why it becomes important to get on their radar and stay visible.
6. Position yourself as the solution. The next step in reaching prospects who seem unreachable involves showing how your product or service can solve their problems. The buyer may not know everything you can offer, so look for ways to show that your company has the all-around solution.
7. Highlight the good. Once you have piqued prospects’ interest, keep them interested by showing them all that’s good about your business. Irigoyen advises using language on your website and marketing materials that is confident rather than abrasive. And always avoid badmouthing competitors, she says. It’s better to spotlight what makes you better than the rest.
8. Demonstrate your credibility. There are many ways to show you are credible and trustworthy, including showcasing your certifications or awards, featuring case studies on your website or mentioning your charitable involvements.
9. Set goals, try different strategies and measure. When you want to reach prospects who seem unreachable, remember to use the strategies above in phases. You may not automatically attract buyers in certain groups, but you can establish goals, follow a plan and see what works and what doesn’t.
Some prospects may seem unreachable, but they may just be busy. Use the tips above to get on their radar and keep their attention. Once potential buyers understand what you offer, they may realize they need what you’re selling.
Compiled by Audrey Sellers
Source: Danielle Irigoyen is a content developer at Designzillas, a creative inbound marketing agency.