Seven Ways To Inspire More Luck In Your Life
Today is St. Patrick’s Day, a time to celebrate the luck of the Irish and all things green. While many people think luck is all about chance, there are many things you can do to allow more luck into your life. Oftentimes, it starts by recognizing an opportunity and then acting on it.
In honor of the luckiest day of the year, we’re highlighting some ideas from Sandra Grauschopf, the contests and sweepstakes expert for The Balance Everyday, on ways to get luck on your side. Keep reading this issue of Promotional Consultant Today for her insight on tilting the odds in your favor.
1. Think positively. Are you naturally hopeful? Do you see the glass as half full? If so, you’re well on your way to practicing positive thinking. One of the best ways to attract more luck, according to Grauschopf, is to stay optimistic and keep looking on the bright side. Working in sales can be stressful, but always strive to stay upbeat.
2. Visualize your goals. Grauschopf points out that visualization—a technique in which you picture yourself accomplishing something you want—helps you work out the steps to make it happen. If you see yourself winning that coveted sales award or closing that high-dollar deal, you can work backward to see what you can do to make it happen. Grauschopf says visualization works in many areas, from romance to weight loss.
3. Use affirmations. Affirmations are ways of planting the seeds of success in your subconscious, helping you to think positively and to be more prepared for success, says Grauschopf. Affirmations should be in the present tense and in first person. To increase your luck, try saying something to yourself like, “I am lucky. I am open to success.”
4. Focus on feng shui. This ancient Chinese art is designed to bring balance, health and luck to those who practice it. According to Grauschopf, feng shui can help you be more productive, more positive and less distracted. If your office is disorganized, that clutter may negatively impact your energy levels, thus distracting you from your work. For luck to flow, follow feng shu principles.
5. Incorporate a lucky charm. Whether you play a favorite song before a sales call or you wear your lucky socks when you have a big meeting, rituals or lucky symbols can make you feel happier and more optimistic, says Grauschopf. Think about what makes you feel lucky and embrace it.
6. Do something nice for someone. You know the saying, “What goes around comes around.” An easy way to invite more luck into your life is to make good things happen for other people. Look for ways to spread kindness at work or in your community, whether you pay for someone’s coffee or offer to help a colleague who could use an extra hand.
7. Work hard. When you want to win at something, you have to be willing to work at it. From sports to sales, the more work you put in, the more you increase your chances of succeeding. By being patient, persistent and having a positive attitude, you’ll experience more luck in your life, says Grauschopf.
Luck doesn’t come from a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. If you want to start attracting more opportunities, closing more sales and experiencing more success, you can create your own luck by keeping in mind the points above.
Compiled by Audrey Sellers
Source: Sandra Grauschopf has been working in the contests industry since 2002. She is the contests and sweepstakes expert for The Balance Everyday.