The Promotional Products Education Foundation’s (PPEF) 2017 scholarship program is now taking applications for the 2017-2018 school year with $175,000 in scholarships available. Since its inception in 1989, PPEF has awarded approximately $1.5 million in financial assistance.
Funded by PPAI and donations from the promotional products industry, the scholarship program enables youth and professionals to continue their education on a collegiate level. The association and industry patrons have a long-standing commitment of service to the promotional products industry, and this fund supports those who demonstrate the same commitment.
“PPEF had a successful year of fundraising in 2016,” says Sara Besly, PPEF manager, “with $88,000 in Tomorrow Fund multi-year pledges secured from Prime Resources Corporation; The Legacy Group; The Vernon Company; the Carolinas Association of Advertising & Marketing Professionals; Budgetcard, Inc.; Chris Lovell; Dana Floyd and Lori Bauer. PPEF is proud to pass this success on and increase the scholarship awards to $175,000 for 2017. PPEF’s scholarships have actually grown 75 percent since 2013 and the board is thrilled to offer even more educational opportunities to industry families.”
The 2017-2018 scholarship application deadline is Wednesday, March 15, 2017.
Academic Scholarships Offered:
- Four-Year Scholarship – ($8,000, awarded $2,000 per year; need-based)
- Four-Year Merit Scholarship – ($4,000, awarded $1,000 annually for four years)
- Chairman’s Scholarship – ($5,000, awarded $2,500 annually for Junior and Senior years)
- One-Year Scholarship – ($2,000; need-based, nonrenewable)
- One-Year Merit Scholarship – ($1,000, nonrenewable)
- Friends of PPMN Scholarship – ($1,000, nonrenewable for industry employees only)
Application forms and guidelines are available at www.ppef.us. Application information can also be obtained by contacting Besly at SaraB@ppai.org. Winners of the scholarships will be announced in May. Donations can be mailed to PPEF, 3125 Skyway Circle North, Irving, Texas 75038.