The Promotional Products Industry Turns Out For PPW! Week
Industry professionals, companies and regional associations are demonstrating the power of promotional products during Promotional Products Work! Week (PPW! Week), which began Monday and wraps up on Friday. PPW! Week, PPAI’s annual five-day international event, is aimed at raising awareness of promotional products’ role in advertising and marketing, and delivers the message that promotional products work to advertisers, marketers and media buyers.
Now in its fifth year, PPW! Week is tapping into the successful and growing Get In Touch!® campaign, the industry's first-of-its-kind, multiyear multimillion-dollar branding initiative targeted directly to promotional products buyers. The Get In Touch! campaign is designed to increase awareness and enhance the overall perception of promotional products and direct a larger share of advertising dollars to the industry.
Industry companies and regional associations are hosting numerous events throughout PPW! Week.
- PPAChicago members joined Toddy Gear and alphabroder Monday for tours of the suppliers’ facilities, and today PPAI Diversity Development and Engagement Manager Seth Barnett is speaking to them on attracting, engaging and retaining young staff, and managing the Millennial market. Later this week, PPAChicago is hosting a free luncheon as a thank-you to its members and holding a charity drive in support of the Riverside Foundation.
- On Monday as part of MiPPA’s recognition of PPW! Week, Patrick Kelleher of Headfirst Printing and other distributors in the Plymouth, Michigan, area shared the industry’s story with the Plymouth Chamber of Commerce, and today members are touring AmeriFoam’s factory alongside staff members from the office of Rep. John Moolenaar. On Wednesday, Bill Petrie of PromoCorner is hosting a webinar for MiPPA members, "The Lessons of 100%: Strategies to Reduce Client Friction to Sell More."
- SAAC is hosting events every night of Promotional Products Work! Week, including 20 networking events. Five of the events are Next Gen events geared toward industry members under 35. Click here for SAAC’s networking event schedule and locations. On Thursday, SAAC has partnered with Ceramic Source in Vernon, California, for a factory tour.
- HPPA has partnered with suppliers Hirsch Gift, Inc. and Landes, Inc. to give the regional association’s members the opportunity for a closer look at the suppliers’ Houston, Texas, facilities on Wednesday.
- UMAPP and its distributor members attended a pair of factory tours on Monday. Hosted by Webb Company and Storm Creek, the tours gave attendees a closer look at the Minnesota suppliers’ operations.
PPAI staff members are also hitting the road the week in celebration of PPW! Week. Today and Wednesday, PPAI staff will travel to cities across the Dallas-Fort Worth area to meet with a wide range of member companies and tour their facilities. They’ll deliver gifts and snacks, learn more about the companies and what they do, and share a discussion on promotional products and the benefits they deliver to advertisers.
PPW! Week and the Get In Touch! campaign are designed to increase awareness and drive traffic to regional and industry participant websites, educate buyers and drive business referrals to promotional products consultants. More information and planning tools are available at PPAI.org/PPWWeek.
Look for the Thursday issue of PPB Newslink for more on PPW! Week. Doing something for PPW! Week? Share your story and pictures with News Editor James Khattak at firstname.lastname@example.org for possible inclusion in PPB Newslink and PPB magazine.