SAAGNY Celebrates Industry Leaders In Its Annual Awards
The Specialty Advertising Association of Greater New York (SAAGNY) announced the winners of the association’s annual awards during its holiday party, held on December 8 at the Glen Island Harbour Club in New Rochelle, New York. It presented awards for Supplier of the Year and Distributor of the Year, as well as the John J. Pagano Multiline Representative, Customer Service Representative, Humanitarian of the Year, and more. SAAGNY’s Diamond Award Winners and the 2021 40 Under 40 Recipients were also recognized.
“So many faces both old and new, gathered together to honor and celebrate success,” says Rachel Levin, CAS, SAAGNY president. “Seeing everyone out of the office and onto the dance floor was a great reminder of how important the SAAGNY community is. It was a night to remember!”
The SAAGNY board of directors established the awards to recognize those companies and individuals that best represent the ideals of the promotional advertising industry. The winners of these awards were all nominated and voted on by the association’s members in balloting conducted in September and October. A selection committee determined the winners of the SAAGNY Diamond Awards and the 40 Under 40 Recipients. The winners were:
- Supplier of the Year (less than $40 million in sales): Starline
- Supplier of the Year (more than $40 million in sales): Tekweld
- Distributor of the Year (smaller): JP Scar
- Distributor of the Year (larger): Stackable Sensations
- Supplier Technology Award: PCNA
- Distributor Technology Award: HALO Branded Solutions
- Decorator of the Year: Insane Apparel
- John J. Pagano Multiline Rep. of the Year: Josh Brooks, Brooks & Brooks
- Customer Service Rep of the Year: Will Flores, Tekweld
- Supplier Representative of the Year: John R. B. Cudahy, MAS
- Humanitarian of the Year: Gail Deutchman, Distinctive Promotions
- Goodwill/Non-Profit/Fundraising: Beth Silverman, The Vernon Company
- Internal Self Promotion/Employee Incentive Program: Stackable Sensations
“It’s a tremendous honor to receive this award, especially knowing I was selected by my peers and clients,” says Cudahy.
Cudahy has volunteered with SAAGNY for 14 years. During that time, he’s served in roles from committee member to president. Currently, he is a member of the Promotions East Committee, which assists in the relaunch of the East Coast show.
“I am so happy, but not at all surprised, to see John win this award,” says Lindsey Davis, MAS, Raining Rose Promos sales director. “He goes above and beyond for his customers every day—making sure he thinks of everything they may need. He is so deserving of this honor.”
In addition that evening, The SAAGNY Foundation honored Harvey Mackler, MAS+, by installing him into The SAAGNY Foundation Hall of Fame. Mackler was unable to be in person to accept his award but noted in prepared remarks, “It is an honor to be inducted into The SAAGNY Foundation Hall of Fame, and it is also an acknowledgement of the many industry colleagues who worked tirelessly alongside me. It was easy to follow the leadership paths blazed by the previous chairs, Bill Lazarus and Joel Schaffer. There were countless volunteers and committed hours. We need to continue to ‘do good.’”