PromoWire (9/8-9/13): Notes And News Releases From Around The Industry
(Editor’s Note: PromoWire by PPAI Media is a running digest of news releases and updates submitted from organizations around the industry. PPAI Media edits these only slightly, including for length, and will consider newsworthy entries from any member organization.)
September 12, 2022
The Magnet Group promotes Nathan Baine to Marketing Director
The Magnet Group is pleased to announce the promotion of Nathan Baine to Marketing Director. Baine has been with TMG since 2011 in the marketing department, most recently as Webmaster. He will now direct the web, marketing and design team initiatives.
Bill Korowitz, The Magnet Group’s CEO, says, “Nathan has a great combination of experience, humor, and knack for communicating in the new world that make him perfect to lead the marketing team into the future.”
September 9, 2022
PPAI Supplier ‘Dioz Group’ DBA Oasis APPAREL makes its debut on the Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America
Dioz Group, a global leader in manufacturing and distribution of Branded custom merchandise, workwear, medical uniforms and promo items, announced that it had made the gateway to the Inc. 5000, a list of the fastest-growing private companies in America. The brand, rapidly growing since its humble beginnings in 2006, was ranked #2592.
This is the first entrance for the brand, which has had a 220% increase in growth over the past three years and has entered the elite Inc. 5000 club, commemorating the achievement of top-performing businesses in the US. In addition, the company has a global presence, with offices in 7 countries and factories in 9 others, that enables it to serve 5,000+ clients and ship 10,000+ products across 55 nations.
"We at Dioz Group are elated and humbled to have made a mark on the Inc. 5000 list. This achievement is a testimony that our efforts to provide superior quality, contemporary, and sustainable custom apparel and promo items are directed in the right direction. This success wouldn't have been possible without our team and customers, who stood by us through the tough two years of the pandemic and believed in our vision," said Johnny Beig, Senior VP.
With 11.3 million tonnes of textile waste ending up in the landfills of America, as stated on Earth.org, Dioz Group has pledged to go 100% green by 2025. The business has already begun using recycled plastic bottles and organic fibre for its planet-friendly range and is committed to sourcing other such eco-friendly materials.
"With less than three years to fulfil our goal of becoming 100% green, we are focusing all of our energies towards research and development and producing a reimagined and revolutionized product range. With this positive development, we aim to grow further and cement our entry on the Inc. 5000 list each year," added Johnny Beig.
The powerhouse organization currently works with promo companies like HALO, PROFORMA, Geiger, iPROMOTEu and many more.
September 8, 2022
Seven United Franchise Group Affiliated Brands Make the Top 20 List of South Florida's Hottest Franchises
Signarama, Transworld Business Advisors, Fully Promoted, Venture X, Network Lead Exchange, The Great Greek Mediterranean Grill, and Graze Craze recognized.
United Franchise Group™ (UFG), the global leader for entrepreneurs, announces that seven of its affiliated brands were included in the list of the top 20 franchises headquartered in South Florida by South Florida Business Journal (SFBJ), which publishes rankings of the largest and most influential players defining South Florida's local economies.
The SFBJ ranking is based on the total number of units companywide. Of note, Transworld Business Advisors®, Venture X® and The Great Greek Mediterranean Grill® moved up in the rankings since last year, Graze Craze® and Network Lead Exchange™ are new to the list.
"I'm so proud that seven UFG-affiliated companies earned their place in this top-20 list of brands that meaningfully contribute to the South Florida community, and much credit goes to the head of each of these amazing brands," said Ray Titus, CEO and Founder of United Franchise Group. "Franchising is a proven model that works and now, post pandemic, many budding entrepreneurs want financial independence — that's one of the reasons why now is such a great time to open a franchise business."
The UFG brands that made it onto the list are:
- Signarama (#5) — With the world re-opening, companies want to proudly show they are strong and thriving. Good news for them, Signarama is the world's leading innovator in the signs and graphics industry, offering branding and messaging solutions in addition to comprehensive sign and graphic services within the business community.
- Transworld Business Advisors (#7) — With more small businesses being started, bought, and sold, Transworld Business Advisors connects buyers and sellers by conducting consultations, supporting franchise development, and representing acquisition-minded corporations and individuals interested in owning their own company or franchise.
- Fully Promoted (#9) — The promotional products industry has proven to be resilient, with the Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI) reporting a 12% collective increase in distributor sales in 2021 over 2020. With demand on the rise, Fully Promoted is primed to help businesses all over the globe with its suite of promotional products, branded apparel, and marketing services.
- Venture X (#13) — Remote work, hybrid work and digital nomads are here to stay. Venture X is a flexible workspace and coworking community that is a blend of boutique hotel and modern office styles, with a high level of design that feels professional and welcoming.
- Network Lead Exchange (#15) —Network Lead Exchange has revolutionized the business networking process. The low-cost franchise focused on flexible business networking options is comprised of an extensive community of local chapters with exclusive members who share referrals and commissions within the proprietary, technology-based platform.
- The Great Greek Mediterranean Grill (#16) — In a world where pizza, burgers, and tacos dominate the restaurant landscape, customers are hungry for something different. The Great Greek Mediterranean Grill has created the fine fast casual niche and encourages guests to "Live Life Deliciously" by preparing all menu items in-house with fresh ingredients and traditional flavors from recipes passed down generation after generation.
- Graze Craze (#20) — Graze Craze is the innovator in the popular food trend known as "grazing" and entrepreneurs are excited to be part of this booming opportunity. As America's leading franchise within the graze-style food category, Graze Craze is known for its artfully crafted charcuterie boards and boxes, premium quality ingredients and concierge customer service.
In its 2022 Economic Outlook for Franchising, the International Franchise Association (IFA) predicts a net gain of 17,000 new franchise locations culminating in 792,000 establishments, contributing 3% of the US GDP. They also point out that the growth rate trajectory is likely to be higher than pre-pandemic levels with forecasted output to improve by 4.9% to $826.6 billion this year. Franchises drive 1.8 times higher sales than other comparable businesses, the IFA found.
The United Franchise Group is renowned for its synergistic ecosystem, formed as a result of its affiliated franchise brands interacting with each other. Franchise owners benefit from the support they give each other that goes beyond the typical franchise business model while the brand also offers infrastructure, marketing, training, technology, consulting, and real estate resources. With offices in the U.S. and internationally, United Franchise Group is committed to growing each brand's domestic and global presence.