Private Investment Firm Gets Behind Ironmark
Post Capital Partners, a private investment firm, has announced a platform investment in Annapolis Junction, Maryland-based distributor Ironmark (PPAI 657183, D3), setting up the growth in the company’s marketing services, including promotional products, in the years to come.
- The finances of the investment were not disclosed.
- Ironmark’s internal leadership will remain in place, including CEO Jeff Ostenso and President Matt Marzullo.
- Jeff Riback, a Post Capital executive partner, will join the Ironmark board.
- Ironmark was founded in 1955 as Frank Gumpert Printing and has evolved into a full-service marketing service.
- “As demand for marketing efficiencies through automated technology and all-in-one solutions continues to rise, we believe Ironmark’s trusted reputation for quality and technical expertise makes the company exceptionally well-positioned to further scale to meet this growing opportunity,” says Isaac Chalal, a director at Post Capital Partners. “We are thrilled to partner with Jeff and Matt and to work with their team of experienced executives and highly accomplished technicians and strategists to help power Ironmark’s continued expansion.”
- “We were extremely impressed by Jeff and Matt’s strategic vision and execution, but also by the corporate and service culture they’ve fostered, which is evidenced by the fact that over 10 of the former owners from previous acquisitions continue to work with the company today,” says Michael Pfeffer, Post Capital’s co-founder and managing director. “We are excited to support them going forward as they seek to add additional strategic businesses to the Ironmark family.”
- Over the past 20 years, Ironmark has grown in numerous aspects of marketing, including 13 strategic acquisitions since 2002. Marzullo says that the company plans to develop a focused acquisition strategy in the coming months in partnership with Post Capital.
- Speaking to PPAI, Marzullo says, “The branded and promotional market is already one of our largest core competencies at Ironmark, and we see tremendous growth opportunities in it for the company as we grow our footprint and client base nationally.”