PPEF Now Accepting 2016 Scholarship Applications
The Promotional Products Education Foundation (PPEF) scholarship program is now taking applications for the 2016-2017 school year with $150,000 in scholarships available. Since its inception in 1989, PPEF has awarded approximately $1,417,000 in financial assistance to college students.
Funded by donors from within the promotional products industry, the scholarship program enables youth and professionals to continue their education on a collegiate level. Industry patrons have a long-standing commitment of service to the promotional products industry and this fund supports those who demonstrate the same commitment.
“PPEF will award $150,000 to 74 new and 29 renewal scholars in 2016,” says Patricia Dugan, MAS, PPEF Chair. “PPEF is proud to have increased our commitment to families with the greatest financial need by changing the structure to award larger payments to need-based recipients. It is wonderful to hear comments from students mentioning that they are the first ones in their families to go to college—truly life changing!”
Academic scholarships offered by PPEF include:
- Four-Year Scholarship – ($8,000 awarded as $2,000 per year; need-based)
- Four-Year Merit Scholarship – ($4,000 awarded as $1,000 annually for four years)
- Chairman’s Scholarship – ($5,000 awarded as $2,500 annually for junior and senior years)
- One-Year Scholarship – ($2,000 need-based, nonrenewable)
- One-Year Merit Scholarship – ($1,000 nonrenewable)
- Friends of PPMN Scholarship – ($1,000 nonrenewable; for industry employees only)
The 2016-2017 scholarship application period is now open and the submission deadline is Tuesday, March 15; the winners will be announced in May. Application forms and guidelines are available at www.ppef.us or from PPEF manager Sara Besly at SaraB@ppai.org.