HanesBrands Enters Into 10-Year Apparel Partnership With The University Of Tennessee
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, headquartered HanesBrands’ agreement with the University of Tennessee gives it exclusive rights to design, manufacture and distribute fanwear across mass and local channels, broadening the university’s access to retail markets.
- HanesBrands will develop a collection of men’s, women’s, unisex, youth, infant and toddler fan apparel.
- The Champion and Hanes brands, as well as the eco-forward Alternative Apparel brand, will be part of this collection.
The deal with HanesBrands follows a detailed analysis of the Tennessee trademark licensing program and a competitive proposal process completed in conjunction with the university’s exclusive licensing agent, CLC.
- In addition to its exclusive programs, Tennessee will continue its partnership with Nike as the provider of performance products and specific fan merchandise.
- Tennessee will also continue to license other apparel companies in key product categories to meet the diverse needs of Vols fans.
As part of the partnership, HanesBrands will create special activations and enhanced retail presentations designed to elevate the University of Tennessee brand and fan experience.
- This fall, the company will be on Rocky Top for a special Champion brand activation in conjunction with the VOL Shop prior to the Vols football game against Florida on September 24.
- HanesBrands is also partnering with Tennessee on a new, co-branded mobile merchandise kiosk for use at home athletic events.
UT joins the University of Southern California—announced in June—as well as the University of Texas, The Ohio State University, University of North Carolina, University of Georgia, Villanova and University of South Carolina, among others, that have primary apparel partnerships with HanesBrands
In Their Words:
John Fryer, president of sports apparel at HanesBrands, says, “We’re excited to partner with Tennessee and give their passionate, loyal fanbase even more to cheer about. UT fans repeatedly show how much they support their Vols and Lady Vols across Tennessee Athletics. Our iconic brands resonate with consumers worldwide, and we will help UT enhance fan engagement and expand their retail footprint nationally and in the Knoxville area.”