Expo East 2017 Introduces Insightful, Innovative Education Lineup
Expo East is bringing an extensive education schedule to Atlantic City this June, with numerous professional development opportunities available on and off the show floor. And new to Expo East this year, Connections Corner is a series of interactive roundtable discussions held on Monday, June 12.
Connections Corner is a casual, unique networking opportunity that not only informs, engages and empowers attendees, but expands their professional circle as well. Held on level four in the 412 Foyer, the six Connections Corner sessions bring industry practitioners together to discuss a wide range of topics, from women in the industry, to eliminating the friction in clients’ buying process and creating a sales culture, to inclusion and diversity in the industry, how to get paid for your expertise and the value of a good website. Free to attend, more information on the Connections Corner schedule can be found here.
Expo East’s Show Floor Professional Development sessions make it easy for attendees to integrate their education opportunities into their time on meeting with exhibitors. Held on June 13 and 14, the free, hour-long sessions on the show floor explore several subjects important to industry professionals:
- “Will Our Distribution Network Survive Globalization?” looks at the challenges globalization and technology have created for the traditional promotional products distribution network of supplier-distributor-advertiser. This session explores the evolution of the network, how globalization has changed it forever, and whether or how the network will survive. Tuesday, June 13, 11:30 am-12:30 pm.
- Attendees of “Creating Positively Outrageous Customer Satisfaction” will learn the art of satisfying customers and clients to make them loyal to their business for life and become its advocates by spreading the word. Customer and client satisfaction efforts affect profits, and the session highlights the importance of prioritizing and focusing on top customer and client expectations. Tuesday, June 13, 12:45-1:45 pm.
- “Niche Marketing: Finance And Technology Sector” looks at how by becoming an expert in specific niche, in this case the $1.9 billion finance and technology markets, can help a business stand out from the competition. The session teaches attendees who the decision makers are, the specific needs and typical projects for finance and technology, and how to parlay this knowledge into getting and retaining new clients. Tuesday, June 13, 2-3 pm.
- “Be The Expert! Niche Market Training In The Healthcare And Education Sectors” takes a similar approach to the $5 billion healthcare and education markets. Wednesday, June 14, 10- 11 am.
- In “10 Best Practices: What Every New Distributor Must Know To Grow A Highly Profitable Promotional Products Business” attendees will discover 10 must-know best practices for the promotional products industry. These include fast client attraction strategies, artwork requirements, choosing the best suppliers, recommending products and more. Wednesday, June 14, 11:15 am-12:15 pm.
- “Packaging, Fulfillment And Creative Distribution” are a valuable way for a business to differentiate itself from its competition. The session includes best practices, techniques and case studies that can produce greater profits for promotional products businesses and their clients. Wednesday, June 14, 12:30-1:30 pm.
With 30 sessions across seven tracks—Strategies & Solutions, Corporate Responsibility, Industry Essentials, Marketing & Advertising, Decorate, Sales & Service and Technology—Expo East attendees can pick the right classes to expand their professional playbook, explore new opportunities and move their careers ahead.
Expo East’s Power Luncheon will introduce sales professionals to the future of social media. Aimed at industry members wanting to stay on the forefront of current technology, the Power Luncheon, featuring technology strategist Crystal Washington, is the premier event in the extensive education schedule coming to Atlantic City’s Atlantic City Convention Center.
In a time when technology is constantly innovating, the promotional products industry must not only understand current tech but get ahead of the curve to remain competitive. Washington will show attendees how to use technology for prospecting and gaining referrals, and for inbound marketing. This give-and-take discussion provides an ideal way to ask questions and gain new information about social trends, current media issues and specific challenges.
Power Luncheon: The Future Of Social Media For Sales Professionals
Monday, June 12, 12 -1:30 pm
Room 412, Level 4
MAS: 1 point
Tickets can be purchased with Expo East registration or added on to an existing registration.
Session fees: $40 (members), $80 (nonmembers)