Bensussen Deutsch & Associates Acquires Idea Planet
- The deal will allow both companies to continue growing their strategic merchandise offerings while pulling from each other’s resources and client rosters.
- The terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
- BDA is a merchandise agency that provides customized marketing, merchandising, e-commerce and fulfillment solutions for brands including Johnson & Johnson, Dell, FedEx and more.
- In 2020, BDA sold the gaming accessory brand PowerA, which was co-founded by BDA co-owner Eric Bensussen.
- Idea Planet specializes in creating custom, fan-inspired physical products from the entertainment and gaming world.
What They’re Saying:
- “The entire Idea Planet team has a tremendous skill set in product design and developing innovative, strategy-driven merchandise campaigns that tell brand stories,” says Jay Deutsch, CEO and co-founder of BDA. “The combination of our deep creative and manufacturing resources will bring our ability to deliver merchandise collections, high-end collectibles and turnkey direct-to-consumer sales channels to world-class levels. If our clients can dream it, we can make it come to life.”
- “There's a natural synergy between our client rosters, and the acquisition presents an opportunity to leverage our industry's top creative forces to drive growth,” says Michael Flecker, president of Idea Planet. “By aligning ourselves with a proven market leader like BDA, we gain access to proven expertise in global manufacturing and logistics. This will enable us to increase our footprint and deliver an even higher level of service to our clients.”