Seven Standout Ways To Attract New Clients
Customers are the lifeblood of any company. When you have a steady stream of new customers, you can grow your business and fulfill your company vision. However, many salespeople struggle to attract new clients. They're often not sure where to start. To discover the best strategies for winning new customers, writer Julie Bawden-Davis explored responses from American Express OPEN Forum members.
In this issue of Promotional Consultant Today, we highlight Bawden-Davis' roundup of the best tips for growing your client base.
1. Identify your ideal client. It's difficult to secure new clients if you don't know the type of consumers you seek. OPEN Forum community member Nicole Beckett, president of Premier Content Source, says it's important to have a crystal-clear picture of who you're targeting. Know what makes this audience angry, upset or worried, and think of how you can make their lives a little easier.
2. Discover where your customer lives. When you know who you want to target, identify where you can find them, whether that's online or offline. Then you can create messages designed for your targeted customers and reach them where they hang out.
3. Have a solid understanding of your business. It's important to know your business inside and out if you want to attract new clients. Bawden-Davis says when you know your product and service backward and forward, that fact shines through. Those who might be interested in your offerings can see your knowledge and expertise and are more likely to seek your assistance.
4. Position yourself as the answer. The first step to gaining loyal customers is to give them a reason to meet you and try your services. Determine their pain points and clearly demonstrate how you can provide a solution.
5. Create messages designed for your target market. When you want to attract new clients, reach out and encourage them to take action, whether that's opting in to your email list or requesting a free consultation. Look for ways to add value and create compelling messages that entice prospects to want to work with you.
6. Build partnerships. Consider teaming up with other businesses that offer complementary services to yours. This synergy can go a long way at building your client base. It all comes down to relationships. The stronger relationships you build with other business owners and customers, the more likely they are to tell others about you.
7. Follow up. To bring in business, it's important to always close the loop. Set follow-up tasks and execute your plan. Don't let leads and great conversations go to waste because you fail to follow up. It doesn't take much time or effort to check in with your leads, and this simple step can lead to more clients.
Although building a robust client list can seem like a daunting task, use the tips above to succeed at attracting new clients.
Source: Julie Bawden-Davis is a widely published writer whose work has appeared in many publications, such as American Express OPENForum, The LA Times, Better Homes & Gardens, Family Circle and Parade.com.