10 Ways To Reward Remote Workers
If some of your sales reps work offsite, it’s important to find ways to celebrate them. Without face-to-face interaction, it is easy to let milestones and victories go unrecognized. However, you can keep morale high and show your support by rewarding them—no matter where they do their work.
If you could use some inspiration on how to celebrate your remote team members, keep reading this issue of Promotional Consultant Today. We share 10 ideas from Insperity, a professional employer organization, on creative and meaningful ways to acknowledge remote sales reps.
1. Offer flexibility. Sometimes, all you need to do is give your sales reps some autonomy. Allow them to adjust their hours a bit and give them some freedom in how they complete certain projects.
2. Know your employees. Everyone appreciates different perks. According to Insperity, managers can reward their remote workers best by knowing what they want. Sales reps who work best in the mornings may not appreciate their manager trying to reward the team with a noon start time. Instead, these reps would likely appreciate an earlier end time.
3. Give learning opportunities. Professional and personal development benefits both your team and your individual sales reps. Look for ways to provide them with classes, whether or not they are related to sales. For example, to celebrate a successful month or quarter, you could give your team members passes to online cooking or fitness classes.
4. Delight reps with timely gifts. Send your sales reps useful gifts such as cloth masks, hand sanitizer or gloves. You could also include movie gift cards that allow sales reps to watch a movie from the comfort of home.
5. Remember the promotional products. In line with the idea above, you can reward and celebrate your remote team members with company-logoed products. Whether you want to commemorate an important milestone or commend your reps on a job well done, show them they matter with promotional items.
6. Commit to staying connected. Even though your sales reps may not work in the same office, you can still bring everyone together, from team meetings to after-work chats. For a meaningful addition to your sales meetings, try working in time for kudos for each of your sales reps.
7. Build team camaraderie. If you want your remote team members to feel more connected and engaged, Insperity recommends creating a peer-to-peer recognition program. Invite your sales reps to celebrate each other’s big wins.
8. Get creative. To celebrate your remote sales reps, think beyond sending a congratulatory email. Perhaps ask them to share their favorite restaurant and send them a food delivery. Or maybe consider giving them a half day off as a reward for a job well done.
9. Reach out with a personal touch. A handwritten note goes a long way, especially if you cannot regularly share your heartfelt appreciation in person.
10. Embrace diversity. To celebrate your remote workers, give them a chance to share the traditions and holidays that are meaningful to them. According to Insperity, this is a small but impactful way to show respect and recognition for your employees as individuals.
Just because your sales team may work in different locations does not mean you must miss out on celebrating them. There are many ways to acknowledge their contributions and commemorate important milestones. The key is to get to know your sales reps personally to discover what rewards mean the most to them.
Compiled by Audrey Sellers
Source: Insperity is a professional employer organization headquartered in Kingwood, Texas. Insperity provides human resources and administrative services to small and medium-sized businesses.