PPAI has announced four candidates who will be seeking election this fall for the PPAI Board of Directors, Class of 2017, and the 2013 Board officers. Running September 3 to October 3, this is the first PPAI board election to reflect bylaws revisions that will restructure and reduce the size of the Association’s board of directors.
The bylaws revisions, voted on by the PPAI board at their March 2012 meeting, reduce total board seats from 17 members plus the immediate past chair to an 11-member board. The board is going from eight distributors and eight suppliers to four distributors and four suppliers with four-year terms; and one distributor and one supplier joining the board each year instead of two distributors and two suppliers. Board representation will also include one Regional Association Council (RAC) delegate and one At-Large director.
While the voting process has not changed, the pool of voters is larger and more inclusive. The bylaws revisions now grant voting rights to PPAI members in good standing from the business services, multi-line representatives and international distributor and international supplier categories. In the past, only suppliers and distributors could vote in the Association’s board elections. In this year’s election, all PPAI member companies will be able to cast votes for one distributor and one supplier from the list below. The election will be conducted via electronic voting and paper ballots, and the new board members will take office following The PPAI Expo 2013.
- Tom Goos, chief operating officer, Kirkland, Washington-based Image Source, Inc. (UPIC: IMAGESCE)
- Dave Regan, MAS, vice president of sales, Newton, Iowa-based The Vernon Company (UPIC: Vernon)
- Eric Johnson, MAS, vice president of sales, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota-based Halls & Company (UPIC: IDLINE)
- Kim Newell, president, Covington, Tennessee-based World Wide Lines, Inc. (UPIC: WORLDWID)
Board Candidate Cutline: Candidates for the PPAI Board of Directors Class of 2017 include (from left) Tom Goos; Dave Regan, MAS; Eric Johnson, MAS; and Kim Newell.
PPAI’s board restructuring also reduces the number of board officer positions. The board is moving from the chair, chair-elect and four vice chairs to the chair, chair-elect and the vice chair of financial services. The revisions also install the immediate past chair with full board status and voting rights for a term of one year. The 2013 board officers are:
- Chair: Marc Simon, chief executive officer, Sterling, Illinois-based HALO Branded Solutions (UPIC: HBS)
- Chair-Elect: Mark Jenkins, MAS, director of sales, Wichita, Kansas-based Pioneer Balloon Company (UPIC: Pioneer)
- Vice Chair of Financial Services: Rod Brown, CAS, chief financial officer, Pleasanton, California-based MadeToOrder (UPIC: mto)
- Immediate Past Chair of the Board: Steven Meyer, MAS, vice president of sales, Willmar, Minnesota-based Molenaar LLC (UPIC: MILINE)
Board Officer Cutline: The PPAI Board of Directors 2013 officers are Marc Simon, Chair; Mark Jenkins, MAS, Chair-Elect; Rod Brown, CAS, Vice Chair of Financial Services; and Steven Meyer, MAS, Immediate Past Chair of the board.