What salesperson out there doesn’t want some quick tips to increase their sales and their sales motivation? Promotional Consultant Today passes along these top 10:
- Use the first 10 minutes after coming back from lunch to make prospecting calls.
- Contact all of the customers who have purchased from you in the past, but for some reason you no longer hear from or those you haven’t called in a long time.
- Ensure you contact every customer at least twice as often as they normally buy. For example, if a customer normally places an order every two months, make sure you’re talking to them at least every month.
- Ask every customer you have who else they know who could benefit from what you sell.
- Before quitting work every day, make one more phone call.
- Make the best calls of the day by 8 am to reach people before they get too busy.
- Have a reason for every call. Provide the customer a piece of information or follow up on a question to show how much you want to help them.
- Refer your customers to others who might benefit from doing business with them.
- When you conclude a phone call with a customer, always suggest sell one more specific item or service.
- Send the customer a hand-written note at least once every other purchase to thank them and to further develop the relationship.
Source: Mark Hunter, The Sales Hunter, is author of High-Profit Selling: Win the Sale Without Compromising on Price. He is a consultative-selling expert committed to helping individuals and companies identify better prospects and close more profitable sales.